Corey Benson is a native of Atlanta, GA, and since the start of 2012 Corey has quickly turned into one of the hottest underground artist in Atlanta. Raised on the gritty westside of Atlanta (Bankhead) Corey grew up with everything from scholars to hanging out with the local dope boys, in which he proclaims gave him perspective and the ability to relate to any listener. After leaving the military in 2007 Corey linked with his mentor John Beal and started an internship at Orange Room Studio where he was able to record his first demo. Since then Corey has grown into a masterful artist, started his own label (Fly Life Music Group) with his longtime friend Jake Cox and had opened and worked with such artist as Nappy Roots, 2 Chainz, Trouble (DTE) Gucci Mane, Young Joc, and OJ The Juice Man. He’s currently working on his debut mixtape ‘Westside’ while pushing his new single “Fade Away (Michael Jordan)” produced by his in house producer/engineer Robb Rockmoninoff.
- #ARTist Spotlight: Miloh Smith (@MilohSmith) (whycauseican.com)
- #ARTist Spotlight: IGZ (@IGZRap) “Feels Like The End” (whycauseican.com)
- #ARTist Spotlight: Lianne La Havas (@Lianne La Havas) (whycauseican.com)
- Spotlight #ARTist: Skipper Jones (@SkipperJones89) (whycauseican.com)
- Spotlight #ARTist: Rogue (@TheRogueMC) (whycauseican.com)