While TLC’s Chilli and Mylie Cyrus are dodging “Bey” Stings from Beyonce’s infamous fanbase the “BeyHive”, New Zealand artist Lorde recently took some time with her fans to briefly discuss how she felt about Beyonce’s album.
“I will admit that I haven’t purchased it yet, so I haven’t seen all the videos in full, but I was just blown away by the creativity. I would cry if I had to make that much visual content for an album! Just on that level, it’s phenomenal. But it also just feels like the album that I have wanted to hear from Beyoncé for such a long time, and I’m so happy that it has happened.
I liked what you guys said about her not being afraid to let her feminism evolve, and you can hear that in this record, which I think is so important and such a hard thing to bare. It feels really personal. It meant a lot to me—I was just like, ****, I’m so happy that this exists right now and also I’m so glad that no year-end lists matter anymore. [Laughs]“
Hopefully, Lorde doesn’t get ridiculed for not purchasing the album yet, but definitely a very smart woman to only be 17.
- Listen: Lorde “No Better” (www.whycauseican.com)
- Video: Lorde “Team” (www.whycauseican.com)
- TLC’s Chilli Gets Mauled By “#BeyHive” For Assumed Beyonce Diss (www.whycauseican.com)
- Video: Beyonce “Self-Titled” Part 4 . Liberation (Documentary) (www.whycauseican.com)
- Beyonce’s Album Hit 1 Million Units Sold On iTunes & Tops Billboard Chart (www.whycauseican.com)